Here is the Slurry Pump Supplier to introduce you to the correct use of the slurry pump
(1) When the slurry pump is about to stop running, it should be operated with clean water for a period of time to remove the slurry in the pipeline to prevent materials from depositing in the feed pipe and volute, otherwise the following situations will occur:
a The pump is crushed and cannot be started when used again.
b. Larger shaking will occur when restarting, because the deposited material produces eccentric force during the rotation of the impeller.
c The feed pipe is blocked by the deposited material.
(2) Ensure that the pump runs under the allowed slurry materials. When using it on site, ensure that the density of the slurry and the largest particles are within the range specified by the slurry pump model. Excessive density will cause excessive friction between the slurry and the pipe wall, which will damage the parts in severe cases. If the particles exceed the maximum allowed by the pump, the pump may vibrate, directly causing damage to the flow parts.
(3) When using a Slurry Pump, install a high-pressure air pipe in the feed pipe to prevent the deposit of slurry materials before the pump is started. Avoid running the pump without closing the high-pressure air pipe, otherwise it will cause high-pressure air in the slurry. Due to the low inlet pressure of the pump, the gas in the feed pipe expands rapidly. After entering the high-pressure zone through the impeller, the protective plate And the volute cause impact and aggravate wear.
(4) Avoid using a slurry pump when the filling height is insufficient. Otherwise, the absolute pressure of the suction slurry may be less than or equal to the vaporization pressure at the site temperature. A part of the liquid in the slurry will vaporize and form bubbles, thus Cause cavitation. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure the liquid level in the suction pool.
(5) The shaft seal water supply of the slurry pump cannot be interrupted. Most slurry pumps are equipped with a shaft seal water device to ensure the pump body shaft seal. Ensure that the water in the device is sufficient.
I hope the above sharing is helpful to everyone. In addition, the company also provides mud pumps and flue Gas Desulfurization Pumps. Please feel free to contact us if necessary