The idling of the Centrifugal Pump will cause great damage to the water pump, which may cause cavitation or damage the mechanical seal. Let’s explore the causes and hazards of idling centrifugal pumps with everyone today.
The inlet medium of the water pump is insufficient or the inlet pressure is insufficient, or the water inlet pipe of the water pump is blocked, or the air in the water pump cavity is not exhausted.
(1) Due to the large amount of gas in the idling water pump, it is easy to cause cavitation and damage the pump body and flow parts;
(2) The mechanical seal or packing seal is not lubricated by liquid, and dry grinding is extremely easy to cause wear;
(3) If the balance plate of the idling Multi-Stage Centrifugal Pump is not lubricated by anyone, the balance plate will soon be burnt and damaged;
(4) The water pump is idling without liquid, the rotor parts and the pump body will heat up, and the temperature cannot be cooled, and thermal expansion and contraction will easily cause some gaps to seize.
Horizontal Centrifugal Pump
(1) Deal with the various clearance positions of the centrifugal pump and expand it under allowable conditions to prevent seizure;
(2) Carry out special process treatment, tempering, heat treatment, etc. to the shaft of the centrifugal pump to improve the hardness, and use materials with low flexibility to prevent large swings and seizures during idling;
(3) Use mechanical seals and filler cavities that do not need to rely on liquid medium lubrication;
(4) Use enclosed self-lubricating bearings that do not require oil;
(5) Compared with other centrifugal pumps, the pump cavity of the Horizontal Centrifugal Pump has an increased volume and has a place where water can be stored. Before the self-priming centrifugal pump works normally, the cavity must be filled with liquid. There is a period of self-priming time before operation. During this period of time, air is continuously discharged to the outside of the pump. This period of time is partly idling;
(6) Set up idling induction system. The water pump is monitored in real time through modern equipment. When the centrifugal pump is idling, it immediately alarms and automatically shuts down to protect the safety of the unit.